So what do you wear? If like me there will be a lot of the same people at all of them it calls for multiple outfits as every girl knows you can't be seen in the dress more that once but saying that I do have a stash of formal outfits that I can dress up for such an occasion but as I have not had many weddings in the last few years I feel like have a little indulgence!!!
Here is my little inspiration board to get some ideas and my top tips on wedding dressing.
- Keep your dress simple - you can add drama with a statement hat or jewellery.
- Be comfortable - you will be in your outfit for a long time, eating and drinking quite a bit so don't go for anything too tight or restricting.
- Go for colour - you don't want to class with the bride and it is a good excuse to wear something bright and cheerful.
- Accessories can make an impact so find a little pair of gloves or scarf to add a pop of colour if going all out bold is too much for you.
- I am not a fan of black at a wedding - we all wear too much of it year round - navy is a softer option and it works with so many colours - pink, coral, green and of course red.
- A clutch bag is a good option as you can tuck it under your arm, giving you free hands to hold a glass and nibble canapes at the same time.
So what of my own outfits - I have one down, a beautiful silk rayon 40's dress and straw saucer hat that I bought at Hepcats in March. Two of my weddings have a vintage feel, one is a fashionista affair and the other garden party kind of theme so three more outfits to go!!!
One thing that I adore about weddings is that I get a chance to wear a fabulous hat and first on my list is going to be Betsy Hatter - who is an amazing self taught milliner who designed a range of hats for my collection launch in March. You can find her on Facebook and at www.betsyhatter.co.uk.
I think that I could style a rather fabulous outfit around this lovely straw number???
All outfits will be posted in due course so watch this space!!!